Baccarat is another popular card game that is well known to give the highest statistics of winning as compared to other card games in the casino.
while there are many theories and research to prove that Baccarat has it’s origins from France dated in the early 14th century.
It is only in the early 19th century that Baccarat is introduced to the United States and later in Asian countries.
Although Baccarat is not as popular in the US as compared to Europe and Asia, many people still enjoy the game in the casino or online as the odds to win are much better
and it is not a difficult game to learn.
Basics of Baccarat
Before we explain on the game rules, it is good to know that whether you are playing online or in the casino.
The rules and the payouts ratio are the same with the exception that most of the online Baccarat is a one to one bet whereas in the casino, there can be up to 9 players to play against the House. But it doesn’t really matter as the main goal is get the highest card score against the dealer to win the bet.
- The card value in Baccarat is quite different from other card games which the Ace card has the face value of 1,
the picture card (King, Queen, Jacks) and all the “10” cards has the value of Zeros.
- For the rest of the number cards from 2 – 9, the value is same as shown in their card numbers.
- Also noted that for any combinations totaling to 10, 20 or 30 is regard as Zero.
Example: 2+9 =11 (equals to 1 point), 3+7 = 10 (equals to 0 point), 4+5+6=15 (equals to 5 points).
- Your goal as the player is to use the combine the card value of 2 or 3 cards and get the highest card score to 9 or any numbers
that is higher than the dealer to win the game.
- When you start the game, you have the choice to either bet on a tie, player or dealer hand.
- Once the bet is placed, the dealer will place two cards that is face-up on the player spot and the dealer spot.
- For example: if either the player or dealer’s is an 8 or 9 which is the total card value of the two cards, it is known as “natural” and the results is determined straightaway.
If neither the player or dealer has 8 or 9 in their cards, the game continues.
- At this point, the dealer will check and issue a third card to the player’s hand if he or she has the current card value of 0 – 5.
- Do noted that with the third card issued to the player, if the total card score is 10, 20 or 30. It is still considered as Zero in Baccarat.
- If the play has a total of 6 or 7 in their cards, the dealer will Not issue any more cards to the player and deem the player’s current cards as final score.
- When it comes to the dealer’s turn, the dealer will follow same rules as the players if they have not taken a third card.
- If the player has been issued a third card, the dealer must follow a different set of rules as shown below.
- If the banker’s hand has the card value of 2 or less, he will issue himself a third card.
- If the banker’s hand has the card value of 3, he will issue himself a third card unless the player’s third card is 8.
- If the banker’s hand has the card value of 4, he will issue himself a third card unless the player’s third card is between 2 – 7.
- If the banker’s hand has the card value of 5, he will issue himself a third card unless the player’s third card is between 4 – 7.
- If the banker’s hand has the card value of 6, he will issue himself a third card unless the player’s third card is between 6 or 7.
- If the banker’s hand has the card value of 7, he will Not issue himself a third card.
- By the end of the game, the winner is determined which hand (Banker or Player) has the highest total.
- The payout is 1.95 to 1 if you bet on either the banker or player as the house will keep a 5% commission on the total Winnings.
- Do note that some casinos also practice non-commission Baccarat which the payouts for banker’s bet is 2 to 1 but it will change to half the payout if the winning score for the banker is a total of 6. (Example: For $10 bet, the payout is $5).
- Other than that, the standard payout for betting on “Tie” is 8 to 1.
- If you have the option to bet on “Player’s Pair” or “Banker’s Pair” which means the first 2 cards have the same card number or picture on both the cards.
The payout is 11 to 1 and it is given straightaway to the bettor before the game is continued.
Different between Online and Table Baccarat
Although the rules of playing Baccarat is the same in online or playing in the casino, there is still some differences in comparison between the two.
The first one is that online Baccarat is much faster than the latter as there are usually more players in the games
which in turn make each game slower to complete each session. For online version, it is usually only you betting on the table.
Another difference that most people didn’t notice is how the cards are shuffled, while most baccarat tables will use between 6 to 8 decks of new cards and stored it in one “shoe” to keep the game going. The online version also has 6 to 8 decks of cards but all of the cards are shuffled on every hand while the table Baccarat only shuffled once or twice until all the cards is discarded at every session. The last difference is that online Baccarats has more different varieties of Baccarat like EZ Baccarat, Super 6, Chemin De Fer while most casinos only offer the standard commission or non-commission Baccarat games there.